Are all universe the same?

Are all universe the same?

But across millions and billions of light-years, galaxies cluster evenly in all directions, and everything starts to look the same. In astronomy, we say the universe is homogeneous and isotropic. Even at the most distant edge of the visible universe, there are small fluctuations.

Has the universe changed much over time?

[+] As time goes on, the Universe not only forms elements, atoms, and clumps and clusters together that lead to stars and galaxies, but expands and cools the entire time. The Universe continues to expand even today, growing at a rate of 6.5 light-years in all directions per year as time goes on.

Is it possible that the universe has always existed?

Science does not have a conclusive answer yet, but at least two potentially testable theories plausibly hold that the universe–and therefore time–existed well before the big bang. If either scenario is right, the cosmos has always been in existence and, even if it recollapses one day, will never end.

How much of the universe is still unknown?

— is completely negligible. But the overwhelming majority of the total matter in the Universe, the remaining 85%, is still missing. We call it dark matter; we know it can’t be made out of the stuff normal matter is made of; about 1% (or slightly less) of it is neutrinos; the remaining 99%+ is still unknown.

Where is the youngest part of the universe?

GN-z11 is the youngest and most distant galaxy scientists have observed. This video zooms to its location, some 32 billion light-years away. GN-z11 is 13.4 billion years old and formed 400 million years after the Big Bang. Its irregular shape is typical for galaxies of that time period.

What is 95% of the universe?

dark matter
This type of matter, also known as “ordinary matter,” is minuscule when compared to dark matter, which, when combined with dark energy, forms the remaining 95 percent of the universe. Interestingly, the dark matter that composes the majority of the universe remains a mystery to astrophysicists and cosmologists alike.