Table of Contents
- 1 Are massage therapist in high demand?
- 2 Why I quit being a massage therapist?
- 3 Do massage therapists keep records?
- 4 What is the highest paid massage therapist?
- 5 What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
- 6 Is 50 too old to become a massage therapist?
- 7 Are massage therapists required to keep SOAP notes?
- 8 Can I make a living as a massage therapist?
Are massage therapist in high demand?
The increasing number of spas and massage clinics in recent years underscores a growing demand for massage services. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 20.6 percent employment growth for massage therapists between 2019 and 2029. In that period, an estimated 34,400 jobs should open up.
Why I quit being a massage therapist?
The first five years of practice are the most difficult because you’re not used to the physical demands, and many massage therapists quit due to burnout. Acclimating to the emotional demands are difficult as well. Clients come to you with frustrations and complaints, often times breaking down and crying in the room.
Is massage therapy a dying profession?
Massage Therapy is a dead end profession. Once you’re a massage therapist, that’s it. Unless you have a different background like an undergrad degree or even a masters.
Do massage therapists keep records?
Massage therapy offers a safe and evidence-informed alternative for pain management. That said, the majority of massage therapists do not follow simple standards of practice required of health care providers: health record keeping.
What is the highest paid massage therapist?
Best-Paying States for Massage Therapists The states and districts that pay Massage Therapists the highest mean salary are Alaska ($77,080), Washington ($65,770), Oregon ($62,130), Hawaii ($59,770), and Massachusetts ($57,530).
What are the cons of being a massage therapist?
What are the Disadvantages of Massage Therapy?
- Time Engaging. We live in a busy world where time factor is a rare commodity.
- Expense. Trained and accredited therapists earn a living conducting massage therapies and they are not free.
- Physical Injuries.
What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
Is 50 too old to become a massage therapist?
With that in mind, sounds like a job massage therapy is tailor-made for a midlife career change. Better yet, there is no age limit on massage therapists. That means you are never too old to begin a career in massage therapy.
How many years will the massage therapist keep the client records?
Message therapy records are kept for a minimum of ten years, and even longer for clients who are less than 18 years old.
Are massage therapists required to keep SOAP notes?
Massage therapists rely on SOAP notes to help create long-term plans for client care, and insurance companies insist on them in order to process reimbursement. In the case of a lawsuit, extremely organized, printed SOAP documentation will support the therapist.
Can I make a living as a massage therapist?
Experienced Massage Therapist (10 to 20 years of practice) can expect to earn an average total compensation of $48,000. The most experienced massage therapists can earn up to $54,000 and up a year. (I know several who make between $80K and $100K).
What should I not say to my massage therapist?
What NOT to Say / Do with Your Massage Therapist
- Ask your massage therapist to go see a movie / come to your house / etc.
- Excessive noises.
- Comment on our looks/attractiveness.
- Poke your head out of the room to let us know you’re ready.
- Start undressing while we are still in the room.
- Touch us.