Table of Contents
- 1 Why does my home phone say not registered?
- 2 How do I register my VTech DECT 6.0 phone?
- 3 What do I do if my network is not registered?
- 4 How do I activate my SIM card?
- 5 How do I add another device to my VTech cordless phone?
- 6 What does it mean when your phone says no power at base?
- 7 Why is my VTech cordless phone not working?
- 8 What do I do if my SIM card is not working?
Why does my home phone say not registered?
Your phone adapter will say “Device Not Registered” if it is unable to contact our network to properly register with your account. The most common cause for this occurring is that your phone adapter is set up behind a router that hasn’t been properly configured.
How do I register my VTech DECT 6.0 phone?
On the base station, press the HANDSET LOCATOR button for at least four seconds, and then release the button. Both LEDs on the base station begin to flash. Press the # key on the handset to begin registration. The process takes up to 10 seconds to complete.
How do I reset my VTech DECT 6.0 cordless phone?
Reset the cordless telephone base by unplugging the AC power for 15 seconds, then plugging the power in again.
What do I do if my network is not registered?
Try these steps in order until your phone is working properly:
- Restart your Android phone.
- Turn off Wi-Fi.
- Update your Android phone.
- Reinsert the SIM Card.
- Manually choose your network.
- Change the network mode.
- Contact your mobile carrier.
- Update APN settings.
How do I activate my SIM card?
Follow these steps to make the connection:
- Eject the SIM card from the device and record the SIM ID.
- Insert the SIM after your account has been updated.
- Restart your phone again and allow the activation process to complete fully.
Will all VTech Phones work together?
Many VTech cordless phone systems were designed to work with more than one handset. In other cases, the system was designed to allow you to add extra handsets. If you are unsure whether or not your model is expandable, please consult your User’s Manual.
How do I add another device to my VTech cordless phone?
How to Add New Phones to VTech Phones
- Purchase VTech cordless phones from any third-party supplier. Ensure you can add handsets to the phone system before you buy it.
- Install the VTech cordless phones.
- Check each handset to make sure the batteries are charging correctly.
- Check the model number of your VTech phone base.
What does it mean when your phone says no power at base?
If your cordless phone shows “Searching”, “Base” or “Range Out” it means your phone has lost its link with the base. If your cordless phone shows “Searching”, “Base” or “Range Out” it means your phone has lost its link with the base.
How do you reset a VTech cordless phone?
Through the Phone Menu:
- Navigate using the phone buttons to Menu > Admin Settings > Select.
- Press the 123 soft key to change encoding to lowercase letters, then enter admin as the password.
- Scroll down to Reset to Default.
- Press the Yes soft key to confirm the factory reset.
Why is my VTech cordless phone not working?
Reset your Phone If your telephone is not operating normally, disconnect the battery(s) from the handset and disconnect power from the base. After a few minutes, connect power to the base, install the battery(s) and cradle the handset in the base to allow it to establish a link. You can now try using your phone again.
What do I do if my SIM card is not working?
Troubleshooting SIM card problems
- Turn off your phone and remove the SIM card.
- Clean the gold connectors on the SIM with a clean lint-free cloth.
- Replace the battery and turn your phone on without the SIM.
- Turn your phone off, replace the SIM and restart the phone.