Table of Contents
Why is my laptop turning on but no display?
If no image appears on the monitor, either the video card or motherboard in the laptop is probably defective. If you determine laptop has a faulty motherboard or video card, take the notebook to a professional computer technician – unless you are sure you know how to repair or replace components inside the computer.
Why is my monitor on but no display?
Make sure the power cord is connected securely and completely at the monitor and at the electrical outlet. If there is a power switch on the back of your monitor, make sure that it is turned on, and then press the power button on the front of the monitor.
How do I fix the power on but no display?
Try these fixes:
- Check if your monitor is turned on.
- Reconnect your monitor to your computer.
- Disconnect your peripherals.
- Reinstall your RAM.
- Reset your BIOS settings to default.
- Bonus tip: Update your device drivers.
Why did my monitor suddenly stop working?
Check for disconnected monitor power cable connections. Your monitor might be working fine and your only problem may be a loose or unplugged power cable. A disconnected monitor power cable could be the cause of your problem if your monitor’s power light is completely off.
What to do if laptop turns on but screen is black?
Press and hold the power button on your device for 10 seconds to turn it off, then unplug your adapter. After 30 seconds, plug your adapter back in and restart your device. If you still see a black screen, you can read on.
How do I turn my laptop on but the screen is black?
How To Make Laptop Screen Black (Windows & Mac)
- Change your laptop power settings.
- Use third-party software to turn off the display.
- Run code using Command Prompt (Windows) or Terminal (Macintosh)
- Use a keyboard shortcut (for some laptops only)
- Use hot corners on Mac laptops.
What to Do If display is not working?
Step 1: Check your phone’s screen
- Make sure that your screen isn’t cracked, chipped, or damaged.
- If you have a case or screen protector, take it off.
- If you’re wearing gloves, take them off.
- If you’ve put any stickers over the screen or sensors, peel them off.
- Make sure that your screen is clean.
What to do if the monitor is not working?
Check the Power
- Unplug the monitor from the wall.
- Unplug the cord from the back of the monitor.
- Wait one minute.
- Plug the monitor cord back into the Monitor and a known-good wall outlet.
- Press the Monitor power button.
- If this still does not work, try with known-good power cord.