Table of Contents
What is Washington saying in his quote?
“Three things prompt men to a regular discharge of their duty in time of action: natural bravery, hope of reward, and fear of punishment.”
What was George Washington’s slogan?
Deeds, not Words
George Washington’s motto was “Deeds, not Words.” To capture the spirit of this motto, the GW Alumni Association and the Colonial Ambassadors invite you to participate in the annual student-alumni day of service; an opportunity for GW students, staff and alumni to join together and give back to the…
What is Eleanor Roosevelt’s famous quote?
“A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it’s in hot water.” “Do one thing every day that scares you.” “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.”
What did Martha Washington do?
Martha Washington served as the nation’s first first lady and spent about half of the Revolutionary War at the front. She helped manage and run her husbands’ estates. She raised her children, grandchildren, nieces, and nephews; and for almost 40 years she was George Washington’s “worthy partner”.
What is Thomas Jefferson’s most famous quote?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal. . . .” “it is the great parent of science & of virtue: and that a nation will be great in both, always in proportion as it is free.” “our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost.”
What is the most famous quote of George Washington?
George Washington > Quotes
- “It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.”
- “It is better to be alone than in bad company.”
- “If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
- “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw.
What was George Washington’s most famous quote?
What was Lincoln’s slogan?
1860. “Vote yourself a farm and horses” – Abraham Lincoln, referencing Republican support for a law granting homesteads on the American frontier areas of the West.
What is the most well known quote?
The Most Famous Quotes
- “Fortune favors the bold.” – Virgil. Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.
- “Time is money.” – Benjamin Franklin.
- “I came, I saw, I conquered.” – Julius Caesar.
- “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” – Elbert Hubbard.
- “If you want to be happy, be.” – Leo Tolstoy.
What great people say about life?
Famous Quotes About Life
- You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated. –
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. –
- In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count.
- Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game. –
Why is Martha Washington a hero?
Martha Washington was born at Chestnut Grove in the country of New Kent, Virginia on June 2, 1731. Martha was my hero because she sewed clothes for the patriots when it was needed. She was the wife of George Washington who was the first President of the United States and who took a great part in the Revolutionary War.
Was Martha Washington a good person?
Martha grew to be about 5 feet tall She was generally strong-willed, though also charming, sincere, warm, and socially adept. These characteristics allowed her to overcome obstacles and forge her own path in the world.