Table of Contents
- 1 What type of intrapersonal conflict occurs when a person must choose between two positive and equally attractive alternatives?
- 2 Which of the following most effectively lessens group conflict?
- 3 Which two kinds of conflict are prevalent in groups and organizational settings?
- 4 What are the five causes of conflict?
- 5 What are the five steps in resolving conflict?
What type of intrapersonal conflict occurs when a person must choose between two positive and equally attractive alternatives?
– Approach-approach conflict is a situation in which a person has a choice between two or more alternatives with positive outcomes; for example, a person can choose between two jobs that appear to be equally attractive.
Which of the following most effectively lessens group conflict?
Negotiation is one of the most effective ways to decrease conflict and will also be examined in depth in this chapter. Keeping conflicts centered around ideas rather than individual differences is important in avoiding a conflict escalation. conflict that takes place among different groups…
Which type of conflict originates from disagreements about how tasks are to be accomplished?
Process Conflict This entails disagreement about how tasks will be accomplished. Think again of the brain trauma research team. Now, they’ve come into conflict over how to distribute various administrative tasks among the team.
Which two kinds of conflict are prevalent in groups and organizational settings?
Researchers have identified two types of conflict that occur regarding group goals: (1) procedural conflict and (2) substantive conflict (Knutson, Lashbrook, & Heemer, 1976). Procedural conflict refers to differences between individuals with regard to the approach they wish to take in attempting to reach a goal.
What are the five causes of conflict?
There are five main causes of conflict: information conflicts, values conflicts, interest conflicts, relationship conflicts, and structural conflicts. Information conflicts arise when people have different or insufficient information, or disagree over what data is relevant.
Which of the following is the most common form of conflict?
Compromise is the most common form of conflict resolution. In compromise both parties have to concede something and,…
What are the five steps in resolving conflict?
The Five Steps to Conflict Resolution
- Step 1: Define the source of the conflict.
- Step 2: Look beyond the incident. Improve Your Management Skills:
- Step 3: Request solutions.
- Step 4: Identify solutions both disputants can support.
- Step 5: Agreement. Related AMA Courses, Seminars, and Workshops. About the Author(s)