Table of Contents
- 1 What was the number 1 song in August 1972?
- 2 What was the number one song on the charts in 1972?
- 3 What was the number one movie in 1972?
- 4 What was the number one song September 3 1972?
- 5 What was in the charts in 1973?
- 6 What was the top 10 songs of 1972?
- 7 What was the number 1 movie in 1973?
- 8 What was the #1 song of 1973?
- 9 What was the number one hit in the UK in 1972?
- 10 What was the number 1 song on your birthday in 1972?
- 11 When was the first number one single in the UK?
What was the number 1 song in August 1972?
List of Cash Box Top 100 number-one singles of 1972
|August 5||“Daddy Don’t You Walk So Fast”||Wayne Newton|
|August 12||“Alone Again (Naturally)”||Gilbert O’Sullivan|
What was the number one song on the charts in 1972?
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1972
|1||“The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face”||Roberta Flack|
|2||“Alone Again (Naturally)”||Gilbert O’Sullivan|
|3||“American Pie”||Don McLean|
|4||“Without You”||Harry Nilsson|
What was the best selling single of 1972?
The Pipes and Drums and the Military Band of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards had the best-selling single of the year with “Amazing Grace”. The song spent nine weeks in the top 10 (including five weeks at number one), sold over 890,000 copies and was certified by the BPI.
What was the number one movie in 1972?
Highest-grossing films (U.S.)
|2||The Poseidon Adventure||20th Century Fox|
|3||What’s Up, Doc?||Warner Bros.|
What was the number one song September 3 1972?
Don’t Go Breaking My Heart.
What was the top 20 songs in 1972?
Top Songs of 1972
- The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face. Roberta Flack.
- Alone Again (Naturally) Gilbert O’Sullivan.
- American Pie. Don McLean.
- Without You. Harry Nilsson.
- The Candy Man. Sammy Davis, Jr.
- I Gotcha. Joe Tex.
- Lean on Me. Bill Withers.
- Baby, Don’t Get Hooked on Me. Mac Davis.
What was in the charts in 1973?
Top 100 1973
|01||Dawn featuring Tony Orlando||Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree|
|02||Peters & Lee||Welcome Home|
|04||Simon Park Orchestra||Eye Level|
What was the top 10 songs of 1972?
Top 10 Songs of 1972
- ‘Smoke on the Water’ Deep Purple.
- ‘You Wear It Well’ Rod Stewart.
- ‘Rocket Man’ Elton John.
- ‘All the Young Dudes’ Mott the Hoople.
- ‘School’s Out’ Alice Cooper.
- ‘Ziggy Stardust’ David Bowie.
- ‘Heart of Gold’ Neil Young.
- ‘Tumbling Dice’ The Rolling Stones.
What was the number 1 movie in November 1972?
1. The Godfather (1972)
What was the number 1 movie in 1973?
Top Grossing Movies of 1973
|1||The Exorcist||Dec 26, 1973|
|2||The Sting||Dec 25, 1973|
|3||American Graffiti||Aug 11, 1973|
|4||Papillon||Dec 16, 1973|
What was the #1 song of 1973?
Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1973
|1||“Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree”||Tony Orlando and Dawn|
|2||“Bad, Bad Leroy Brown”||Jim Croce|
|3||“Killing Me Softly with His Song”||Roberta Flack|
|4||“Let’s Get It On”||Marvin Gaye|
What was the number one song in 1967?
Top 100 Pop Songs in 1967
|1||A Whiter Shade of Pale Procol Harum||►|
|2||All You Need is Love The Beatles||►|
|3||I’m a Believer The Monkees||►|
|4||Hello, Goodbye The Beatles||►|
What was the number one hit in the UK in 1972?
See all the 1972 Number One hits from the UK below and find out who had the longest running number one in the UK singles chart. Click on a Song Title to view full details of any song from the UK 1972 singles chart. The Pipes and Drums and Military Band of The Royal Scots…
What was the number 1 song on your birthday in 1972?
What was the Number 1 Song on Your Birthday in 1972? This table shows the date the song reached number one in the charts during 1972. If your exact birth date isn’t shown find the closest date before your birthday – this is the song that was number 1 on the day you were born or a later birthday.
Who was the number one artist in the UK in 1972?
Elvis Presley, Gilbert O’Sullivan, Rod Stewart and Slade were the other artists with four singles in the top 10 during 1972. David Cassidy scored three top 10 entries in 1972, two of which were as a solo artist.
When was the first number one single in the UK?
Single peaked in 1971 but still in chart in 1972. Single released in 1972 but peaked in 1973. The date that the single first appeared in the chart. Highest position that the single reached in the UK Singles Chart.