Table of Contents
- 1 When a pedestrian walks out into the street in violation of the law you should what?
- 2 When pedestrians should walk on the?
- 3 Is it a violation of state law for pedestrians to?
- 4 What is the first thing you should do when a motor vehicle starts to skid?
- 5 Who has right of way turning left or right?
- 6 When operating a vehicle drivers must activate their headlights?
When a pedestrian walks out into the street in violation of the law you should what?
When a pedestrian walks out into the street in violation of the law, you should: Report them immediately to the police. Ignore them and concentrate on the road. Yield the right of way to avoid injuring them.
When pedestrians should walk on the?
If there is no sidewalk where you’re walking, walk on the side of the road where you’ll be facing oncoming traffic. That means that if cars drive on the right side of the road, as they do in North America, you should walk on the left.
When entering a street from a paved road you should?
When entering a street from an unpaved road, you should: Yield to the vehicle on the paved road in all instances. When entering a street from an unpaved road, you should: Yield to the vehicle on the paved road in all instances. This answer has been confirmed as correct and helpful.
When entering a street from a private alley or driveway you mist?
Explanation: Entering a street from an alley or driveway.
- Pull up very slowly.
- Stop before you cross the sidewalk.
- Look both ways for pedestrians on the sidewalk.
- Pull up to the edge of the street when it is safe to do so.
- Safely merge with traffic when there is an opening.
Is it a violation of state law for pedestrians to?
When possible, pedestrians should walk: It is a violation of state law for pedestrians to: Stand in the road for purpose of soliciting a ride.
What is the first thing you should do when a motor vehicle starts to skid?
If your car starts to skid, release both the brakes and the accelerator. Turn the steering wheel in the direction that you want the car to go. As you regain control, softly apply the brakes. If your back wheels are skidding, accelerate slightly to stop the skid.
What are the main rules for pedestrians?
Walk with care and with all sense. Look towards oncoming traffic….You may tumble on to the traffic.
- Always hold hands of children while crossing the road.
- Avoid using roads for morning walks and jogging.
- Take extra care if you have to cross the road on or near a crest or curve.
- Avoid crossing road between parked cars.
When u hear a siren coming you should?
Slow down. When you hear the siren or see the flashing lights of an emergency vehicle coming from behind your vehicle, you must create a clear path for the emergency vehicle and stop. Reduce your speed and safely pull over to the side of the road.
Who has right of way turning left or right?
Unless otherwise directed by a traffic control device, when two drivers approaching from opposite directions reach an intersection at about the same time, a driver turning left must yield to approaching traffic going straight or turning right.
When operating a vehicle drivers must activate their headlights?
When you are driving at night or at any time when you cannot see clearly 150 metres (500 feet) in front of you, you must turn your headlights on.
How many feet should you stay behind a car when it’s raining?
If it’s raining and you are driving at night, you should aim to be 6 seconds behind the vehicle in front of you. If possible — and in heavy traffic, it might not always be — try to keep from being boxed in by cars in the lanes on either side of you, Van Tassel says.
When a vehicle ahead of you stops to let a pedestrian?
When a vehicle ahead of you stops to let a pedestrian pass in front of you, you should stay in line and wait until the vehicle ahead proceeds which is a great sign of being a good driver.