Table of Contents
- 1 Which condition is a slowly progressive decline?
- 2 What term describes the mental activities associated with thinking learning and memory?
- 3 Is a highly contagious viral infection of the brainstem and spinal cord?
- 4 Which condition is characterized by the inability to develop normal social relationship?
- 5 What syndrome is characterized by rapidly worsening muscle weakness?
Which condition is a slowly progressive decline?
Dementia is a slow, progressive decline in mental function including memory, thinking, judgment, and the ability to learn.
What term describes the mental activities associated with thinking learning and memory?
Cognition is a term referring to the mental processes involved in gaining knowledge and comprehension. These cognitive processes include thinking, knowing, remembering, judging, and problem-solving.
What is the term for a progressive loss of brain function that affects memory thinking language judgment and behavior?
Progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP) is a brain disease that can cause problems with thinking, memory, behavior, problem solving, and judgment.
Which condition is an intense burning pain after an injury to a sensory nerve?
Causalgia: An intense burning pain following an injury to a sensory nerve.
Polio, also known as poliomyelitis and infantile paralysis, is a highly contagious viral infection. Poliomyelitis means “gray marrow inflammation,” referring to the propensity of the poliovirus to attack certain cells in the spinal cord and brainstem.
Asociality refers to the lack of motivation to engage in social interaction, or a preference for solitary activities. Asociality may be associated with avolition, but it can, moreover, be a manifestation of limited opportunities for social relations.
What are the 6 types of cognitive processes?
There are 6 main types of cognitive processes:
- Language. Language is a form of communication we use each day.
- Attention. Being able to concentrate on one thing/item/task at a time.
- Memory. The memory is a hub of stored knowledge.
- Higher Reasoning.
Is the mental activities associated with thinking learning and memory?
cognition all the mental activities associated with thinking, knowing, remembering, and communicating. concept a mental grouping of similar objects, events, ideas, or people.
What syndrome is characterized by rapidly worsening muscle weakness?
Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) is a rare, rapidly progressive disease due to inflammation of the nerves (polyneuritis) causing muscle weakness, sometimes progressing to complete paralysis.