Table of Contents
How do you tell what year your Suzuki is?
How Do I Tell What Year My Suzuki Dirt Bike Is?
- Locate the dirt bike’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). This is often stamped onto the right side of the steering head, where the front fork is mounted on the frame.
- Count to and take note of the 10th alphanumeric digit in the VIN.
How do I decode a Suzuki VIN number?
On a Suzuki, you will see J signifying Japan, followed by S for Suzuki and 1 for motorcycle. Recognize the next five digits as the VDS or Vehicle Descriptor Section that gives information about the vehicles specifications. Locate the fourth digit of the VDS. This gives the model version by number.
What year is my motorcycle by VIN?
The 10th character in the 17-character VIN represents the vehicle model-year. This standard applies to vehicles built in or after 1981.
How do I identify my Suzuki engine?
Locating the VIN
- Find the VIN number on the Suzuki motorcycle. It will be located somewhere on the motorcycle’s frame.
- Write down the VIN number carefully. If the plate is not apparent, the VIN should also be embossed into the frame.
- Check the engine for any embossed numbering on the casing.
What year is my Suzuki RM125?
|YEAR||TYPE||VIN FRAME USA|
|1978||RM125||RM125-61851 to 84328|
|1979||RM125||RM125-84328 to 102502|
How do you tell the year from a Yamaha VIN?
How Do You Tell A Year From A Yamaha VIN? Look for the 10th character of your Yamaha VIN for finding the year of the model. If it lies between J to Y, the year would be 1998 to 2000 respectively. If it’s a digit, for instance, 2 will stand for the year 2002, 5 will stand for the year 2005, and so on.
How do you decode a VIN number?
How to decode a VIN?
- Digits 1 through 3 combined is the WMI, (World Manufacturer Identifier).
- Digits 4 through 8 represent the vehicle descriptor section.
- Digit 9 is a check digit.
- Digits 10 through 17 is the Vehicle Identifier Section.
- The 11th digit is the manufacturer’s plant code.
Where is the VIN number located on a Suzuki?
Frequently you can find your VIN number in one of the following locations: on the driver’s side door jam (sometimes on the passenger’s side), under the windshield on the driver’s side, near the firewall of the vehicle or on the steering column.
What year is J in a VIN number?
The 10th Digit VIN Chart
What does the 8th digit of a VIN mean?
8th Digit: The 8th digit, in this case, a “Z,” is one of my personal favorites. It’s the engine size! So if you were to go to a junkyard, this digit is really helpful for vehicles that had two different engines during the same year. An S10 Truck or an S10 Blazer are perfect examples of this.
How do you read a VIN number on a Suzuki outboard?
The serial number is printed on a plate that is attached to the clamp bracket on the motor. The form of the serial number is a five-digit number followed by a hyphen, then a six-digit number. On the 1977 through 1979 models, the part after the hyphen starts with a letter, followed by five numbers.
How do I identify my motorcycle engine?
Unlike a VIN that is placed in several locations around a bike, an engine number will be stamped or engraved in one spot on the engine block. Some make and models will vary, but generally, a motorcycle engine number can be found on or directly above the crankcase, and is made up of around nine characters.